Saturday, December 11, 2010

One more!

Along with tree trimming, and gift mailing and  animal wound treating, that you may have read about over on Loomy Toons, (the Tuesday Weavers Blog)  I am weaving the last big piece for a gift, it does not have to be finished really until Christmas. This is one more Couch Throw in "Cat Paws and Snail Trails",  I plan to finish this one and weave 3 Baby Blankets, (I thought there were 2 but I remembered another one) before the end of next week, and then I will be caught up on gift weaving, and can start on inventory!  I also need to get the other pattern "Kings Flower" threaded on the Mira 45, but I have to get some heddles on the harnesses before I can finish that.

I really wanted to use a red color on this one, but with my last disaster still fresh on my mind, and since I haven't had time to experiment fixing the yarn color yet, I am going with a dark Kahki-ish color which will work just fine.

I have finished the Scarf for the Tuesday Weavers Challenge, and also the Mug Rug and Mug gift item.  I really enjoyed weaving the scarf, but I have to tell you it is really a different kind of weaving.  I had to be very careful to just lay in the weft instead of pounding it in like I do with Overshot.  I can't wait to post the pictures.

It has been quite cold here recently, and we are doing the things you do to keep warm.  My long underware are rarely off my body, the fire is constantly going in the woodstove, (that includes some splitting and hauling of wood, which also warms you up) the space heater is going in the studio and soup is in the crock pot.  Todays soup is vegetable beef.  We get our beef from our neighbor and I must tell you that grass fed beef is wonderful!  
Well I had better get back at it, I am just taking a break to get some more coffee, and do this post.  I really would like to finish this one today, but really I think it will be Monday before it is done.
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. Oh Boy! You've worked up the King's Flower pattern! I can't wait to see it! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh all so pretty. I had toyed with Cat's Track/Snail Trail for the towels I'm getting on the Delta loom, but have gone instead with a goose eye. You're lovely weaving makes me want to change my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying warm while weaving is important. Snow today and getting colder.

    ReplyDelete