Thursday, December 23, 2010

In Plenty of Time!

I finished up the "Rush order", and will deliver as planned on Friday night, before they head out of town. I found this one totally different to weave, and I think it was because of the closeness of the two colors.  It was harder to pick up treadling mistakes quickly, so there was more prolonged unweaving and correcting.  I really had to look at it closely as I was finishing the cloth as well, looking for places I had to needle weave, and threads to clip.   I really like the neutralness of this one though, I will do several of these, I am sure. 

Here is a close-up of the design.  I am not sure when I will get tired of it, I have so many more colors to try out. it is really fun to see it unfold.

I wrapped presents today, and mixed up some gingerbread cookie dough.  I will bake the cookies tomorrow, I plan to take them to my MIL's on Christmas and have the kids decorate them .  I also would like to weave up a Baby Blanket since the recipient and his parents will be in town next week!  I will try to get that in tomorrow or maybe I can do it on Monday, we will see.  There is a lot going on right now!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, until next time Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Tina!!! The throw looks beautiful...someone is really lucky to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Tina! Beautiful throw; I love the tone-on-tone look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. You have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The throw is lovely. I like the pale neutrals too.
    Wishing you a grand holiday and all good things for the new year.

    ReplyDelete