Monday, December 13, 2010

I Know, I Know

I know, I know, I said I was going to go upstairs and weave on that Couch Throw.  But you see I was so close to finishing the Mira 45 that I just had about 20 minutes left to finish it!
And then it happened, one of the things that I dread!  I got to the end of the threading, and I had just enough ends left over to do the balancing of the pattern.  Which would be fine except that I was supposed to do that at the OTHER END!

I thought that I might be able to rethread it backwards, so that I could do 1 end at a time, but alas, I had to give up and go to the other end and pull them out in bunches, and carefully rethread. I don't really freak too much at this since I never did have a cross, just groups of 12 ends per bout.  When I was half way thru the second time, I decided that I should just think of it as rechecking my threading, because that is what it ended up being.  When I had it sleyed and tied on, I sat down to weave, and there wasn't a single error!  Friday I will post my sampling of Kings Flowers over on Loomy Tunes, and show you the treadling that I like the best.
Oh, I did get to about the half way mark on that Couch Throw, too!
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it!!! Another favorite overshot pattern on your loom just waiting to come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy ending! Now I see what you meant by your comment on my blog. I didn't persevere the way you did. I took that nap!

    ReplyDelete