Friday, November 26, 2010

This Week

My DD came over again this week and she actually got some weaving done!  Last week she and the kids combined the colors they liked in 2 big boxes, and then the kids were ready for lunch and a nap!
 This week however, we had the help of  DH.  He was doing some outside chores that the kids could "help" with and then he volunteered to take them to lunch while we wove just a little while longer!  Bless Him!






I think that DD really liked the weaving process.  My theory is if I can get them hooked on the fun part they will learn to appreciate the work involved with the not so fun part.  Plus I still have some rug warp on the Mira 36 inch , that needs to come off!









While DD was busy on the Mira 36 inch, I was busy transfering the spools of carpet warp you see to the left to the warp beam you see to the right.  Now that that one is full it is on to the next loom across the room.  



I posted about the process over on Loomy Tunes, the blog that the Tuesday
Weavers keep afloat,


Just a little more and I will start the threading.
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, and I hope your day after is as good as my is looking.
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Throwing the shuttle is addictive!!! That's your reward for all the set up!!! I think you might have a new weaver on your hands.

    ReplyDelete