Sunday, November 14, 2010

Saturday at Blackberry Farm

I thought I would show you a few shots from my day at Blackberry Farm.  The sun on these apples was just too cool to pass up!

They run these apples thru an apple press, and you can drink the most wonderful apple cider imaginable!  They even have some hot! 

The weather was way beyond wonderful.  The sun was shining, there were a few leaves still rustling in the trees, and the preparations for the 75 guests to come to the outdoor venue were in progress.

They set up tables in the sunshine and they also had some tables under cover.





 The campfire was lit with care, and I could smell the good food cooking
in the outdoor kitchen and grills.
I had a picnic table to set up my Rugs and Baby Blankets, Placemats and runners, and finally breadcloths and handspun yarn.
There was a delightful quilter set up next to me, we really had a good time, and I could tell she had done this thing for quite some time.  Her quilts were lovely and some of them were antiques that she has come across!

I did very well at this demonstration, I sold 3 Baby Blankets, 2 sets of 2- Placemats, and 2 Breadcloths.  That was all in about 2 hours, so I felt really good about the whole thing. 
 I saw one of the gardeners shelling these beans, and I asked if I could take a picture.  He said that they were Reverand Taylor Butter Beans from Alabama, and originated in the 1800's.  I know that they sell them on the Blackberry Farm website if anyone is interested.
I am half way thru putting together the new 36 inch wide Leclerc Mira that I "purchased" on Friday.  I have still got to put the harnesses on and double check the braking system.  I hope to finish that and get started on winding that 40 yard warp!  This loom has a sectional beam which I love, but it is in 1 inch sections.  I am used to the 2 inch sections, I wonder if I can thread thru the tension box and leave a gap where one of the spoke sets could fit thru?  I don't have any experience with this, and would appreciate any feed back.

Today DH, DD, and I ran the Knoxville Buddy's 5K (3 miles) race for cancer.  It was a really good time though it was chilly and drizzley.  Who would have thought this time last year that I would be running races!  We got finished and DH asked me if I wanted to run the 8K (5 miles) race on Thanksgiving day!  I still haven't decided.  That is only like 2 weeks away!  The farthest I have run is 4.4 miles, and that was just last week.  I probably will, but I am not sure I will be able to run the whole thing without walking.
We got home late and I had to feed the disgruntled animals in the dark!  In fact I need to finish up and let the little goats back out since they have probably finished their ration, so the big ones won't kick them out, and scarf it up!
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations of your race! What a big accomplishment!!! You and T will enjoy doing the races together...can you take the pups???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to sell stuff! Your display is beautiful. I love the light on those apples; the colors would look wonderful in a weaving. I'm sure John gave you way more information on those beans than you'll be able to remember, but I hope he gave you a few to plant. Congratulations on the race! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete