Sunday, November 7, 2010

Looking ahead

I am very pleased with the look and feel of the Baby Blankets I have been working on.  (You can see them over on Loomy Tunes, on the Friday posts. Or on my completed projects page,)   And as I come to the end of the 15 yard sampling warp I put on a couple of months ago, I started thinking about how to proceed.

I really like the Cat Paws and Snail trails Overshot pattern, so I will continue with that for awhile.  The next thing to consider is  how much warp to put on.  I recently bought 40 cones of natural 8/4 cotton to add to the 20 I had ordered last month.  So I have plenty of it.  I also still have 24 cones with around 400 yards each.  I had considered doing a 20 yard warp but then I would have to turn around and do it again before long.  So, a 40 yard warp is what I settled on.  I can always change the pattern if I really get sick of it!

As I was advancing the warp the other day I noticed that one of the cross pieces on my sectional back beam is giving way, just a little bit!  I will get these last 2 Blankets off and take that sectional beam to weaving with me on Tuesday and see if Alan can fix it for me. I don't want to stress it with a 40 yard warp if it is already failing.   It will give me time to work on my other looms, and the projects that are due in December, like the Mug rug and Mug Christmas present, and the Scarf Challenge, which is on the loom, just not how I want it yet, it still needs some tweaking.
That's about it from here for now,  until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. I remember when the thought of a 40 yd. warp scared me! My,my...how times have changed!

    ReplyDelete