Friday, November 5, 2010

How things change

 I am amazed at how yarn can look so different when it is packaged  in different ways.  Here to the left are the pearl cotton blanks I dyed last Saturday.


To the right I have the same yarn in a skein.  It is really making me think about what I want to do with it.  I had thought I would use it as weft, but more and more I am thinking about trying to use it as a warp for a shawl.  I think it will give me some really cool stripes in the warp.  There are over 1300yds in the big teal and red skein.  I am busy with other things right now but come January I may have some time to play with this.

Another shot of the same skein.  I only used three colors, teal, tangerine and purple, but I got so many other colors as well.  I am thinking about what kind and what color yarn to use as weft if I do the shawl, maybe black pearl cotton, or bamboo.  I can't give it my attention right now, but come January......




Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. I've been spooling my off a little at a time. I'm getting some beautiful colors! I have enough of the bamboo to do another wrap, but it will have to wait until January!!! Your skeins look fantastic...it will be interesting to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete