Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blackberry Farm day 2

 Marta came with me this week, it was really nice having her there with me.   She did a photo journal of our day. 

You can see that the sun was not out to greet us at all that day!







I had the great pleasure of meeting a delightful friend for the first time.  We really had a great time discussing the merits of different spindles and wheels and such fibery goodness as that.  She asked me what wheel would be the best for just starting out.
 Now, you must understand that I love teaching on a spindle wheel.  It absolutely will not put the wool out of your hands!  You control the amount of tension you feel on the fiber.  (as well as in your shoulders!)  So I asked her if she would like to try out this spindle wheel I got from Gary and Carole Runyon, over at Deer Trace Farm.

She was really hesitant at first but I talked her into it.  You can see that she really seemed to be enjoying herself.  Let's face it learning to spin yarn is a little like patting your head and rubbing your stomach all at the same time!
She worked at it till she said she was a little shakey, come to find out she hadn't eaten yet!  So I sent her on her way to enjoy the wonderful lunch that the folks at BBF had prepared for them.

We also had a young girl take to weaving like a duck to water.  I happened to have the straw weaving kits from the center, and Marta showed her the ropes, she really enjoyed herself and was thrilled that she could take it with her.  Unfortunately I didn't get her picture! 

Maybe one day we will hear of a new weaver that first learned about weaving at Blackberry farm.


Then it was time for our lunch as well,  you can see the staff whipping it up for us.  We get to eat the same wonderful fare that the guests eat.  It is marvelous!  I can't wait to go back next week.  It should be cold, but no rain.  I am glad of that!





Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you & Marta had a good day! Not such a bad way to spend a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving reading your blog now!! :) I can't believe I KNOW you!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete