Friday, October 1, 2010

Buckling under pressure!

I have a floor rug in the Studio, and it really drives me crazy!  It allows this loom to really move across the floor like crazy.  I thought that the rug would help minimize the noise, but I am not so sure it is a good idea.
I suppose I could put some of that nonslip stuff that you are supposed to put under it, but I wonder if it would really work.
I have thought about taking it up, and turning the looms to face the walls and putting boards on the floor to keep them in place.  I would appreciate any input from cyberspace!


We have a woodstove that we use for our main heat supply.  We do have a heat pump and I keep it set at 50 or so, so that if the stove goes out during the night we don't wake up to a frozen house.
That, however means that we have to put up a substantial amount of wood to feed that woodstove.  The wood was delivered today.  I ususally try to get it in earlier in the summer, but didn't make it this year.  We have enough wood left over from last year to get us well on our way and let this cure a little.

This is 2 dumptruck loads, enough to keep us busy for a day or two stacking it.  You know what they say about firewood,  "It warms you twice"  even if you don't have to split it, I have found out.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. The "non-slip" rug mats work very well! I used them with Sass so that she didn't slide all the way into the bedroom on the hall rug (that was before I changed rugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe it's dogs vs. cats, but my cats can make any rug slide across a room, given the correct velocity of the landing on said rug, non-slip mat or not. I do get annoyed with a moving loom, though! My Artisat moves a foot every 20 minutes or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    I don't bother with rugs or non-slip stuff instead taking two of those little rubber furniture feet with the single screw and screw two of them into the floor in front of the looms front feet. Of course I have no qualms with four small holes in my studio floor. The dogs have left it all less than pristine.
    I did do the boards to the wall and it also worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa, Thanks for the input. My floors are not pristine either, so I may experiment with that idea.
    Thanks, Tina

    ReplyDelete