Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reboot!

I am back from my trip to Spain.  My DH and I went there to volunteer for a week along the "Camino De Santiago", a pilgrimage that has been going on for centuries.

The farmhouse we manned was bought by Agape Campus, in Spain.  You may know it as Campus Crusade for Christ in the US.  Volunteers come from all over Spain for a week time.  We cook, we clean, we greet the pilgrims as they walk down the road, and if we can we talk to them about the love of Christ.



My camera didn't work so these pictures are from passed years.  We could sleep as many as 15 pilgrims a night, and most nights we were at capacity.  DH  and I were invited to come because we are fluent in Italian and in past years there has been many Italians on the Camino.  We were not dissapointed this year either as there were several Italian groups who stopped and talked to us about their journey so far, and several ended up staying the night.

In the off times, I was able to teach some of the crew to knit.  As soon as I can get some pictures I will post them.   I did get a little knitting done on the shawl, most of it on the planes and in the Airports.




Here I stuffed a white towel in it so that you can see the lace developing.  I have arrived at the knitted lace border, and I have tried to start it about 4 times, only to find the numbers just not adding up!   I have decided that it may be that Jet Lag is the culprit.  So, I think that I will wait a few days before I try again, and let my brain reboot, so to speak.  After 3 days I still have a low level fog going on.  By Sunday we should be back to normal.


I am glad to be back home, and can't wait to put into practice all the things I learned on the Camino as I watched the world go by.  When I get more pics I will share them with you.

Until next time, Happy Weaving

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience you had! The house looks really nice, too! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the "fog" lifts...I want to hear the rest of this story! What a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you taught others to knit. Can't wait for the new pictures!

    ReplyDelete