Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New hardware!

Since I got the Artistat, I have been using a little of this and a little of that to get the job done.  It was weaving well enough, but I didn't have the pins that hold the tie ups down, so I used some texsolv that I had.  I didn't have the right kind of clips so it was a real hassel.


 Here we go, that's better.  The clips arrived soon after we got back from Spain.  Today I finally got around to putting them on the way they are supposed to be.  Does anyone know if the knots are better up by the lamms or down by the treadles?

One thing I hadn't counted on was how the tie up was going to change.  Those knots are on there pretty tight!  For once however it worked out great!  Tabby is to one side, and the others just line up just like I needed them to.  Whew!

I also got new spacers for these treadles.  For some reason the picture didn't turn out but you can use your imagination.  I will take these plastic spacers back to Lou Ann,  they were a life saver!







Well that is all for now, we are finally feeling better, but had company all weekend so not much weaving has gotten done.  Hopefully I can get to it this week,  I really do want to make this work!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting all your ducks in a row! The new tie downs will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they're SUPPOSED to go up, but I put the knots on mine up. It works, so far! I think you might want to make the pins face the other way, rounded part towards your toes, though. It'd be a lot nicer to ram your bare toes into them than the pointy parts when you really get weaving fast and your feet slide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggie, I hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete