Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tromp as Writ

Here we have the design, Treadled as drawn in, or Tromp as Writ, as we like to call it, because you can really get your accent going when you say it that way.
I have several thoughts about what I am seeing in this warp.  I think that 20 epi is too close together, I may try 18 epi or even 15 epi.  I think that may help the ovals look more alike.  I will also use only 2 repeats instead of 3, on the table part of the pattern to square it up.  I am glad to see the diamonds showing up really well.

That however will have to wait until we come back from vacation next week.  We are joining most of our kids for a week at the beach!  We are excited to say the least!

I have several things I need to get done before I go.

I have thinned out the old blackberry canes, and this year I have used a new velcro like tape to fasten the new canes together.  Hopefully that will save them from the lawn mower, the new canes, which will give us blackberries next year are really out of control.  I don't want to trim them right now, I will wait for January to do that.

Wally and Scout were enjoying a post run game of tug-of-war, while I was doing my outside chores.


The goats (Mopsie and Snickers) are due for bloodwork, I am taking them in this afternoon. They also need a nail trim, but I can handle that myself before we go, I also must remember to take their vaccines with me so that the Vet can document that they have had them. 

Thats is all for now, I am going to be out of touch the next week or so, I don't know if I will have access to a computer or not,
until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Go and have a GREAT time! See you when you get back from your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely vacation! Beautiful overshot!

    ReplyDelete