Friday, August 6, 2010

New project, new Blog!


When I wound this warp months ago, I didn't have a loom ready for it. I had planned to make handtowels with it using plain weave.
In the time it took to actually get the warp on a loom, I had changed my mind, and decided to use this warp to make overshot pillows instead.
I love this pattern right here, it is from Davisons book of course. It has all the elements that I love about overshot, very distinct patterns, rounded edges and beautiful tables.
I have almost finished winding the warp on, and I can't wait to start! I will have to wait a bit though, I have some parts on order for the loom I am using. It is a Leclerc Artistat, 4 harness Jack loom. I will have to remember to transpose the treadling from counterbalance (Down) to Jack (Up).
I plan to use a burgundy color to start with, I think that will look really good, I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl!!!! Love your blog, and I'm excited about your overshot projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! This is very exciting! I'm going to follow you and put your blog on my blog list!

    ReplyDelete