Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bags!


Yes, the bags are out once again!  This is going to be my first trip requiring a passport in 14 years!  I am amazed how much easier it is to pack for one person instead of 6!  DH takes care of all his stuff, and I will take care of mine.  Here are the bags I am going to try to limit myself to.  Not sure I will be able to pull it off, but I am sure going to try.

Here is the cute little bag I found for my knitting projects!

And the growing  Pi-shawl that is going in it.
The red yarn is my backup yarn, just in case I finish the blue one. (yeah, right)
The cardigan is progressing nicely, but it is way too bulky to pack for this trip.  I am 1/3 of the way thru the sleeves, and I am hoping to finish before I leave, but I am not sure that is going to happen.

We have wonderful people taking care of the place and animals while we are gone, so there are no worries there.  So late this week we are off  on a mission trip, where we will greet pilgrims walking along the Camino di Santiago in Spain.  We will give them something to drink, and something to read along the way.  A few will stay to dinner, 15 or so, and spend the night.  There will be meals to cook, beds to clean, and from what I hear Mice to catch!  I plan to keep count of how many I can trap.  Mice in bed give me the willies!

I will probably be out of touch for most of the trip, so until I am back, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Go in peace, my friend. Have a safe (and fun!) trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of that sweater. Very wise of you to plan projects along with clothing. Have a wonderful time, and take lots of photos to share your adventure with us!

    ReplyDelete